Check out last week’s post which was a mixture of comedy, curry and complaining by clicking here. My normal blog post will appear here later this week.
• Clinical Commissioning Groups are ignoring guidance from NHS England which instructs them to increase their mental health spending in 2015/16.
• The amount spent by NHS Wales on mental health fell by £24.3 million between 2011/12 and 2012/13.
• 2,100 mental health inpatient beds have closed since 2011, and the average adult acute admission ward now has a bed occupancy rate of 101 per cent.
• Between 2012 and 2014, the number of people who have to travel long distances – up to 300 miles - for emergency mental health services doubled from 1301 to 3024.
• Last year, over 6000 people were held in a police cell when having a mental health crisis, instead of a more appropriate health setting. - Is a Police cell cheaper than a hospital bed? So cheap we don't care?
• 75 per cent of people with anxiety and depression get no treatment at all in the UK. - HELLO!!!! ME!!!
• 3,300 mental health nursing posts have been lost in four years.
Office of Nick Clegg, Leader of the Liberal Democrats
Or tweet me!
- Support MIND today!
- Text SUPPORT to 70660 to give £3